Monday, February 13, 2012

Running for Sherry Arnold...

Saturday, February 11th, I ran a 5K on my treadmill at home, in honor of Sherry Arnold.  I truly wanted to run outside; BUT there were a lot of things I had to factor in; one my husband was at work, two, I don't think dragging a 6 year old out in bitter cold weather was appropriate.  So go ahead call me a sissy, but I had a chance to run, so I ran on my treadmill, while my son played the Wii.  I love the Wii, it's a built in babysitter.
 Lots of thoughts were whirling around in my head about Sherry.  I kept my thoughts in check and wondered how many people that Sherry never met, or friends/family were running in her memory.
My run for 3.1 miles was a pretty good run  It felt good knowing that I was running "with",  per se, so many other people in the world, that were doing the exact same thing I was:  Running for Sherry.  It felt really good.  I felt like I WAS running for courage, strenth and grace,for not only Sherry but for every woman.   I will never forget what I ran for Saturday, February 11th.  I put my bib in my "Race" folder that I keep all my other race bib's in, and one of these days, I'm going to make something to display all of my bibs in, and among all of the other bib's will be the the bib I wore for Sherry Arnold.
Peace, strength and courage to all women who are battling fear to run alone.
Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment