Friday, March 9, 2012

Here's What's Been Happening....

So I guess I've been a little negligent writing on my blog.  Here's what's been happening; as you recall I broke off a prepped tooth for a crown down to the gum line; after two cancellation; and only one was from me cancelling by the way; I  finally went to the dentist last Monday, to have the "rest" of the tooth extracted, and it really wasn't that bad; I didn't feel anything.  My oral surgeon is the BEST! Thank you Dr. Gerald Kerr!  He cannot ever retire and that is exactly what I told him.  I worked with this Dr. Kerr for years at my old job as a surgery nurse back in the day; so it's not like he has had to take a lot of teeth out, just my wisdom teeth and this one little tooth. I was just so happy that I did not have one complication and the entire process was pain free.

I have been struggling to get out the door on a daily basis to run, but in my mind I KNOW I have to run, so I lace up my shoes and get on the dreaded treadmill and run.  I hate running on my treadmill, but it's either run on the treadmill aka dreadmill; or run in the dark after my husband gets home, and then make dinner.  If I'm lucky then I might be able to help my son with his homework,  then go to bed.  I hate that my husband is working late; but I can't complain since I get summers, every holiday, weekends off!   Once I get on the dreadmill, I feel so much better; so I'm always glad after I'm done that I got off the couch.

 Last week after my extraction, I did not run until Saturday.  On Saturday, I ran a 10k training series with my husband's cousin and wife, and I had the best PR with a 10K yet.  I really pushed myself beyond my limits past one mile;  (yes one mile because this is where I poop out and drop my 9:30-10:00 min/mile) but too knew that I could do this in one hour.  I ran the 10k in 59:42 WOO HOO.  Here's the thing I'm a skosh upset about, if I had not stopped to stretch my hammy out, I would have been with my husbands cousin wife  with a time at 58:24.   Dammit! HOWEVER, I am SO stinking happy with my time despite not running the whole week before the race.  I really believe that my strength training is improving my leg strength therefore; I feel as though I'm running faster.  Of course this could all be in my head, but I'm just going to keep cross-training and strengthing all my muscles including my core and go with it and get my 2 hour half marathon in May! 

Then came Wednesday:  I didn't run this past Monday because I had a stomach bug and was just exhausted, so when Wednesday came rolling around, I knew I needed to run or I would be in trouble come Saturday.  I finally got on the dreadmill and it literally was all I could do to run the 50 minutes.  My legs felt like lead, so i'm not sure if I was still not over my sickness, or it was from not running on Monday, or maybe it's REALLY time for new shoes...I love my Brooks GTS-11's so much that I hate getting a new pair!  I'm pretty sure I have put over 400 miles on my shoes since I have ran 3 half marathon's in them PLUS all the training for each of the half marathons! 

I will try to do a better job to keep up with my daily/weekly activities and the struggles I face each day.  I know that there are way busier people than me and have the same struggles to get motivated, or to find the time to run.  I find motivation usually within myself, by picking my booty up off the couch and just running.  Just knowing that I am showing up for myself, then I can totally take credit; which makes me feel really good.  I do go around telling everyone what my race plans are so that I have to be accountable; and because I don't want to let anyone down, so it makes puts that little bit of fear in me not wanting to let my partner down,  by not being prepared come race day; or having to tell my co-workers that I didn't run, or didn't finish a race.  I just can't have that; I'm way too competitive, because once I'm out the door running with the pack, or on the treadmill I DO NOT GIVE UP!
Have a wonderful day, and remember, we all come to the table with stuggles, it's what you do with them that get's you to the finish line.



No comments:

Post a Comment