Monday, January 30, 2012

When Life Gets in the Way, continued....

When life gets in the way, I sometimes feel totally overwhelmed and do not feel I can run, or feel that I can put my self ahead of everyone else in my house hold; but it's really not that life gets in the way, it's that I don't often find time to run and make excuses NOT to run sometimes. I can't believe the amount of procrastinating that I do.  I need to take the words that I told my oldest son to heart; because if nothing else; he is JUST like me.  I told him that I was unhappy that he has become complacent in his living arrangements; which is to live with us, and have his daddy time with his daughter at our house.  Don't get me wrong I love my oldest, who is 22, and I love my granddaughter with all my heart; but it gets a little old not to be able to come home, do what I need to do, like run, or just plain unwind after a day of work before my 6 year old son gets off the bus.  Those words hit me like a ton of bricks after I re-read it.  I am complacent in my life, of letting our 6 year old sleep with me, and go to bed when he does, and not give my husband the time of day; I run when I get home or when my husband gets home, and if it's after 6 I just don't run.  WHAT? 
It's time for change; I'm going to shake things up in my own "world".  I orginally started getting up at 5:00 a.m. to run; but found myself rooted to my couch with my cup of coffee watching the morning news until 6:00 a.m., this has been going on for at least a year...what?  yes, I'm lazy.  I do run to a training plan, and I will when I have to run, but I give nothing else.  It's time for change; so when I start getting up at 5:00 a.m. tomorrow morning; I am going straight to my work out clothes and doing cross-training on off days of running, and then on days I am supposed to run, I'm going to run instead of sitting on the couch having my 1 hour of peace.
As many of you know, I follow Shut up + Run, I love her blogs and I shared this morning what Beth blogged about; a virtual run for Sherry Arnold on February 11th.  I will be running, whether it be by myself or with my running partner I will be running in honor of Sherry Arnold.  I don't know Sherry and I don't know Beth but I feel like I do and feel like I lost a member of my family.  The news of Sherry's dissappearance and murder ROCKED my world; so much so, that I will not run by myself again.  My husband thinks I'm crazy and that I am OKAY to run by myself where we live.  We too live in a small town, and although I am not scared to run by myself out in the country; I'm sure Sherry was not either.  I can't fathom not ever seeing my husband or my children again, so it's either running on the "dreadmill" (treadmill), or running with people.  I may occasionally have to run by myself, so Mr. Pepper spray or the neighbor's dog will be running with me.  I thank God every day for my neighbor who every time see's me go out for a run, makes sure I come back.  Thank you God for my neighbor. 

I'll keep you posted on my training, my next race in May, the Indianapolis 500 mini marathon. 

Tomorrow is shake it up day, I'm going to get my butt in gear and start doing what I need to in the morning and then there will not be any excuses!
Ninja

No comments:

Post a Comment